LASIK and PRK: THE LASER REFRACTIVE PROCEDURES:
In LASIK surgery and PRK (The flapless, touchless Laser Refractive Surgery), precise and controlled removal of corneal tissue by a special laser reshapes the cornea changing its focusing power.
LASIK eye surgery provides a path to clear vision at any age. You can achieve freedom from glasses, contact lenses and endless prescriptions with a procedure that permanently improves the vision.
- LASIK is a surgical procedure intended to reduce a person’s dependency on glasses or contact lenses. LASIK stands for Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis and is a procedure that permanently changes the shape of the cornea, the clear covering of the front of the eye, using an excimer laser.
- A mechanical microkeratome (a blade device) which we use in Saluja Eye Care Center or a laser keratome, currently we are not using this in Saluja Eye Care Center, (a laser device) is used to cut a flap in the cornea. A hinge is left at one end of this flap.
- The flap is folded back revealing the stroma, the middle section of the cornea. Pulses from a computer-controlled laser vaporize a portion of the stroma and the flap is replaced.
- There are other techniques and many new terms related to LASIK that you may hear about.
LASIK is applied for the treatment of:
- Myopia (near-sightedness).
- Hyperopia (far-sightedness).
- Astigmatism (blurred vision).
This laser vision correction technique is performed on the cornea so that light entering the eye can be focused on the retina for clear vision.
We at Saluja Eye Care Center provide personalized LASIK treatment such as HD procedure takes both lower (myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism) and higher-order aberrations (halos, starbursts and glare) into consideration and delivers a treatment based on each eyes unique visual fingerprint. This procedure is the most advanced form of laser vision correction.
We also offer the LASIK based treatment of Presbyopia.
We can treat one or both eyes and provide good vision at all distances (near, intermediate and far). It does not differ from a normal LASIK treatment.
The goal of LASIK is to correct your refractive error to improve your vision. LASIK eye surgery may reduce your need for eyeglasses or contact lenses. In some cases, it may even allow you to do without them completely.