Apart from cataract surgery and corneal transplants, clinicians in this service handle a range of other ocular complications, from infections on the surface of the eye and eyelids to trauma care.
Ophthalmologists at Saluja Eye Care Center have expertise and experience in laser assisted surgical procedures. The organization has been providing laser assisted refractive surgeries for many years with extremely successful results. Recently the Wave front Assisted Customized Vision Correction Technology was added to the list of corneal services. This new equipment from Bausch & Lomb enables patients to benefit from the latest advancements in refractive eye surgery.
How Does The Eye Work?
Anything you see is an image that enters your eye in the form of light. The different parts of your eye collect this light and send a message to your brain, enabling you to see. For perfect vision all the parts of your eye need to work properly.
- The cornea is the clear, outer layer of the eye.
- The pupil is an opening that lets light enter the eye.
- The iris, the colored part of the eye, makes the pupil larger or smaller.
- The lens bends to focus light onto the retina.
- The retina receives light that has been focused by the cornea and lens.
- A clear (vitreous) gel fills the inside of the eye, giving it shape.
- The cornea is clear to let light into the eye, and curved to focus the light rays.